Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Day 9 - Tired Already

day 9

Is it just me, or do I already look sleep-deprived? I've really got to shake this insomnia. I couldn't fall asleep until 3am last night.

My Chinese class is going to be so hard. I am scared. I think it will be really good for me, but I'm afraid that I'm not going to have the time or skills to be able to do well in this class. You'd think that with the schedule I have that I would have plenty of time to devote to Chinese, but you haven't seen this syllabus. Eek.

My other two classes are going to be cool, I think. I am really psyched about my folklore class. I love my teacher already. He's old, he has a raspy voice, he has a great accent, and he oversalivates while he talks. Saliva collects on the right corner of his mouth. He also makes eye contact with people for way too long, to the point where he will just walk to people's desks and talk directly to them until he remembers that there's a whole class of people whose space he can invade. I'm really not being sarcastic about liking this man, though. He came and talked to me a bunch in class today because I was paying so much attention. I think this class, based on what we talked about today, is going to be super interesting. Plus, we get to do self-directed research. I think I want to go in the direction of Arabs in Turkey, Lebanon, and Syria. I have so much to learn about my family background, and I think this class might be a cool starting point.

No comments: